RETURN TO SECOND SEMESTER ASSIGNMENTS
FILL FLASH EXAMPLES
FLASH LECTURE SLIDES
FLASH LECTURE QUIZ
SHOOTING IMAGES USING THE "FILL FLASH" TECHNIQUE
•SHOOT "BEFORE" AND "AFTER" PHOTOS USING FILL-FLASH TO LIGHTEN THE SHADOWS ON YOUR SUBJECT.
FILL FLASH CAMERA SETTINGS
•Set your ISO to 100 (or if in shade you could use 200 ISO).
•Put the camera exposure setting on “P” mode or "AV" mode OR "TV" mode.
•If on "P" or "AV" pick a high aperture number, such as f/16.
•If using TV mode, choose a shutter speed of 1/200 or slower.
HOW TO PHOTOGRAPH "BEFORE & AFTER" USING FILL-FLASH
1. Photograph your subject in a well-lit area outside, (even backlit) without using flash!
2. Next, keep your subject in the SAME SPOT AS YOUR FIRST PHOTO!
3. Raise the pop-up flash by pressing the flash button on the side of the DSLR (see above).
4. Photograph the your subject in the same location-but this time using the flash.
5. Make sure you are about 5-feet or closer from your subject.
6. You will see evidence of direct on-camera fill-flash, which will lighten the shadows.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR FLASH PHOTOS
•SUBMIT 2 PHOTOS ON 1 BACKGROUND -SEE THE EXAMPLE ABOVE
•Submit a proofsheet of 20 images with your name and assignment name on the screengrab.
•Save your images as:
p#lastname_flash02 (this is for your proof sheet)
•Put your combined photos & proofsheet in the Fill Flash assignment folder in the Google Classroom