RETURN TO ASSIGNMENTS PAGE
CATEMA STUDENTS QUICK START GUIDE
CHABOT COLLEGE ARTICULATED COURSES GUIDE
USING "CATEMA" FOR ARTICULATION CREDIT
USE “CATEMA” TO REGISTER FOR COURSE CREDIT AT CHABOT COLLEGE.
THIS IS A GREAT THING. WHY? Read the red highlighted answer below.
Good news Advanced Photo students!
The CVHS Photography course is articulated with Chabot College.
Students who have taken Beginning Photography at Castro Valley High, and passed with a "B" or higher, are eligible for college credit at Chabot!
What does this mean?
Receiving Advanced Photography articulation credit means that you can skip the "PHOTO 50: Introduction to Photography" course at Chabot and proceed to the next level course. Even if you don't plan to take photography at Chabot, the credit you earn for this class will be counted toward your "general ed" units requirements.... Also, if you don’t plan on attending Chabot, or Las Positas, your articulation credit may also be valid for credit at CSU campuses as well! CATEMA registration is free, it doesn't obligate you to attend Chabot, and it may save you some time and money next year at college!
HOW CAN YOU GET COLLEGE CREDIT FOR THIS CLASS?
BY ENROLLING AT CHABOT COLLEGE USING A WEB-BASED SYSTEM CALLED “CATEMA”.
To apply for college credit for this class, follow these four steps:
STEP 1: USE CCC APPLY TO open an account and generate an id number.
(Before applying to Chabot, you must open a CCC account and get an id number)
• HOW TO DO THIS?
Use this link and go to CCCApply and complete an application.
• CCCApply will provide you with an id NUMBER -you must write this number down!!!
You will use that id # to apply to Chabot College.
STEP 2: APPLY TO CHABOT COLLEGE
• Once you have your CCC ID number, use it apply to Chabot.
The Chabot application will ask you for your CCC i.d. number (and your social security number).
• When applying tp Chabot you must apply for the Spring 2020 semester in order to receive college credit for this class.
• After you apply to Chabot, it takes approximately 24-48 hours before they send you a CHABOT student identification number (they call it a "W" number).
• You must write down your "W" number!
• You must have a W# in order to apply for college credit and move to the next step.
STEP 3: REGISTER FOR CLASS CREDIT USING THE CHABOT'S CATEMA REGISTRATION
Here is the CATEMA Registration Process:
• Once you have received your CHABOT student identification number (your W#), use that number to register on Chabot College's web-based CATEMA application.
• CATEMA is the application that you use to obtain college credit for this class.
• This class is articulated with CHABOT'S PHOTO 50 -INTRODUCTION TO PHOTOGRAPHY
STEP #4: ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED FOR CREDIT USING CATEMA…
• Mr. V will match your registration with college courses.
At the end of the spring semester, I will enter final grades in CATEMA -you must earn an "A" or "B" in our class to earn college credit at Chabot. I will perform this action by the end of the academic year.
• Chabot College will transcribe articulated coursework credits by July 31st of each academic year.
To confirm your college credit, log into ClassWeb with your W# and Pin. For official college transcripts, visit Chabot College's Admissions Office Transcript Request page.
FOR ADDITIONAL HELP, CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
CATEMA STUDENT QUICK START GUIDE