WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
•The CVHS Photography course is articulated with Chabot College.
•This means that if you take Photography at CVHS & pass with a "B" or higher,
you are eligible to receive credit for this course at Chabot College.
•Receiving course credit for our Photo class means that you can skip Chabot's PHOTO 1A or 1B course (for Advanced students) course & proceed tothe next level photo class.
"I DON'T KNOW WHERE I'M GOING TO SCHOOL NEXT YEAR"
•If you don’t plan on attending Chabot, or Las Positas, your articulation credits are also be valid for general education credit at CSU campuses as well!
"I DON'T THINK I'M GOING TO COLLEGE..."
•Things change. Life changes. You may decide to switch it up, change your mind and enroll in college in the future... you never know what awaits...
WHY IS THIS AN AWESOME DEAL?
Receiving college credit for this class will save you time & money
Receiving college credit saves you time, because credit you receive for this class means you need to take one less college course in the future...
Fewer classes = more available space in your life for things that could be more fun!
Receiving college credit for this class saves you money...
•This class (which is free) is equivalent to a 3-unit class at Chabot (or another college).
•a three-unit class at Chabot costs approx. $150
•a three-unit class at CSU costs approx. $800
•a three-unit class at a UC costs approx. $1,200
class at the Academy of Art costs approx. $3,175(!)
•Receiving college credit for our class means that you have one less college course you have to pay for, which = more $$$ in your pocket. RECAP: WHY SHOULD YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS? •Signing up to receive Chabot college credit for this class saves you between $150-3,175. Registration is free, and even if you sign up, you can change your mind -you don't have to attend Chabot, but you still receive general education units! The simple answer is.... >+ > = >
HOW DO I SIGN UP
TO RECEIVE COLLEGE CREDIT FOR THIS CLASS?
•BY ENROLLING FOR THE COURSE THROUGH CHABOT, USING A WEB-BASED SYSTEM CALLED “CATEMA”
To apply for college credit through CATEMA, follow these four steps:
STEP 1: Before applying to Chabot, you must use CCC APPLY to open an account and receive a CCC id. number.
•HOW TO DO THIS?
Use this link, go to CCCApply and complete an application.
• When you use CCCApply, it will generate your CCC id NUMBER. •You must write your CCC number down!!!
You will need to use the CCC id # to apply to Chabot College.
STEP 2: • Once you have your CCC ID number, use it apply to apply to Chabot College. The Chabot application will ask you for your CCC id. number (and your social security number).
• After you apply to Chabot, it takes approximately 24-48 hours before they send you a CHABOT "W" number (this is the Chabot student identification number -they call it a "W" number).
• You must write down your "W" number!
• You must have a W# in order to apply for college credit and move to the next step. STEP 3: REGISTER FOR CLASS CREDIT USING THE CHABOT'S CATEMA REGISTRATION
Here is the CATEMA Registration Process:
• Once you have received your CHABOT "W" student id. number, use your "W" number to register for this class on Chabot's CATEMA application.
• CATEMA is the application that you use to obtain college credit for this class.
• This class is articulated with CHABOT'S PHOTO 1A & 1B PHOTOGRAPHY
STEP #4: ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED FOR CREDIT USING CATEMA…
• Mr. V will match your registration with Chabot's college courses.
At the end of the spring semester, I will enter final grades in CATEMA -you must earn at least a "B" in our Photography or Advanced Photo class to earn college credit at Chabot.
• Chabot College will include the coursework credits by July 31st of each academic year.
To confirm your college credit, log into ClassWeb with your W# and Pin.
For official college transcripts, visit Chabot College's Admissions Office Transcript Request page.
•Some of you have already done the CATEMA registration process in another CVHS CTE class, such as Engineering, Auto Technology or Business/Marketing.
•If you already have a Chabot "W" student ID# number then...
•Go to Step 3 above and register for Photo 1A, Spring 2023 class using your "W" number.