RICHARD AVEDON MOVIE & QUIZ (30 points)
RICHARD AVEDON "Richard Avedon (1923-2004) was a ledgendary American fashion and portrait photographer. An obituary published in The New York Times said that "his fashion and portrait photographs helped define America's image of style, beauty and culture for the last half-century".
WHAT TO DO: Below is a VIMEO link to a movie about Richard Avedon. To help you understand the depth and breadth of his career, I have also included this link to an obituary in The New York Times. I've included this obit because it offers additional insight about the career of this remarkable photographer.
WHAT TO DO: FIRST, WATCH THE VIDEO
•The video is lengthy -nearly an hour and a half -so settle in and dont treat knowledge as though it is kryptonite. You may have to space this viewing out over a couple of periods, or you can start the video in class and watch the remainder at home.
CREATION OF A MULTIPLE CHOICE QUIZ
• While watching the video, you are going to create a 10-question multiple choice quiz.
• Questions should be typed, and submitted in the Google Classroom Server Avedon folder.
The questions should be about Avedon's photography and life, and based on the video's contents, not Wikipedia.
Each question must have the video's time stamp (the time in the video that the question is based upon).
Each question must have a minimum of 3 multiple choice answers, with the correct answer typed in red.
• Questions must be evenly spread throughout the duration of the video, taken from the beginning, middle and end.
• You cannot submit another student's questions. All questions must be your own, based upon your viewing.
• All questions MUST have correct spelling, punctuation and capitalization -it will be a part of your grade.
• Thoughtfulness of your questions and the multiple choice anwers will be an integral component of your grade.
Richard Avedon - Darkness And Light from Karen Bernstein on Vimeo