RETURN TO PHOTO ASSIGNMENTS PAGE
RETURN TO ADVANCED PHOTOGRAPHY ASSIGNMENTS PAGE
FIVE POSES ASSIGNMENT EXAMPLES SLIDESHOW
FIVE POSES ASSIGNMENT
1. Find 5 portrait photography poses online. Download them, and put them into a folder on your desktop. DO NOT PICK PHOTOS TAKEN IN A STUDIO SETTING!
2. Then, place those 5 images on a single (1024x768 @72dpi) Photoshop background, print it out, then try to recreate/match/copy each of the poses, light and background with your camera.
3. When you shoot, take your page of printed poses with you. Look the angle of the camera in relation to the subject.
•Is the photo shot from close or far away, up high or down low?
•Are the photos taken inside or outside?
•Where is the light coming from?
•Did they shoot the photo vertical or horizontal?
4. Next look at the way the person is positioned.
•Where are their eyes looking (at the camera or away)?
•How is their head turned?
•Which way is their body facing?
•What are they doing with their arms and legs?
•Are they sitting, standing, leaning, squatting, or lying down on something?
5. When you are done shooting, go to Photoshop and open both the images you found from the web and your recreations. Try to copy the editing style of the photo. Is the original in black and white or color? Did they desaturate any of the color? Did they crop the image?
6. Finally, combine the five portraits/poses that you shot with the 5 portrait/poses you downloaded from the web onto one Photoshop background. The photos should match in pose, lighting, backgorund and editing style.
7. Turn your project into the 5 Poses folder in the Teacher 206 server.
Name your project: p#lastname_5poses