RETURN TO ASSIGNMENTS PAGE
CATEMA STUDENTS QUICK START GUIDE
CHABOT COLLEGE ARTICULATED COURSES GUIDE
USING "CATEMA" FOR ARTICULATION CREDIT
THE ASSIGNMENT: WHAT TO DO
USE “CATEMA” TO REGISTER FOR COURSE CREDIT AT CHABOT COLLEGE.
THIS IS A GREAT THING. WHY? Read the red highlighted answer below.
Good news Advanced Photo students!
The CVHS Advanced Photography course is articulated with Chabot College. This means that if you pass Advanced or Beginning Photography with a “B” or higher you are eligible for college credit at Chabot!
What does this mean?
Receiving Advanced Photography articulation credit means that you can skip the "PHOTO 50: Introduction to Photography" course at Chabot and proceed to the next level course. Even if you don’t plan on attending Chabot, or Las Positas, your articulation credit may also be valid for credit at CSU campuses as well! CATEMA registration is free, it doesn't obligate you to attend Chabot, and it may save you some time and money next year at college!
HERE IS AN ABBREVIATED DESCRIPTION OF THE ARTICULATION AGREEMENT
Students who have taken both Beginning and Advanced Photography courses at Castro Valley High are “…eligible for either noncredit or credit articulation at Chabot College. Eligible courses have been articulated with each Adult School/High School/ROP and CC on a course by course basis and are posted on Chabot’s list of articulated courses.”
HOW CAN YOU MAKE THIS HAPPEN?
BY ENROLLING FOR CREDIT THROUGH A WEB-BASED SYSTEM CALLED “CATEMA”
CLICK ON THIS CATEMA STUDENT QUICK START GUIDE & IT WILL TAKE YOU THROUGH THE STEPS BELOW...
To apply for credit using thde CATEMA system, perform the following steps:
#1 GET A CHABOT COLLEGE STUDENT I.D. “W” NUMBER
• Apply to Chabot College to obtain your student identification number (W#) between the dates of October 10th and February 28th of each academic year.
• You must apply for the Spring semester in order to receive articulated credit.
• You must have a W# in order to apply for recognized credit and move to the next step.
• If you are unable to enroll online, you will need to visit the Admissions & Records Department at the CC campus.
• You must have your photo I.D. present and a completed application.
#2 REGISTER USING THE CHABOT COLLEGE CATEMA REGISTRATION
Here is the CATEMA Registration Process:
• Once you have received your student identification number (W#), register on CC's web-based application (CATEMA) between the dates of October 10th and February 28th with the assistance of your Adult School/High School/ROP instructor.
• CATEMA is an online portal that permits college and secondary teachers and staff to manage articulation credit. This is the only way that you will be able to obtain credit from CC. The college will no longer accept paper applications for college credit.
• Reference the CATEMA Student Quick Start Guide if you need assistance, or speak with your High School, ROP, counselor/instructor.
#3 ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED USING CATEMA…
• Mr. V will match your registration with your school classes and college courses by February 28th.
At the end of the spring semester, I will enter final grades of A or B in CATEMA for you to earn articulated CBE. I will perform this action by June 30th of this academic year.
• CC will transcribe articulated coursework credits by July 31st of each academic year.
To confirm your college credit, log into ClassWeb with your W# and Pin. For official college transcripts, visit CC's Admissions Office Transcript Request page.